TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to makeupforeverhk.shop . This section of our Website sets out our General Terms and Conditions of Sale (“Terms”) including our full delivery and returns process.
These Terms apply to all sales of products made to you, the customer, via makeupforeverhk.shop (“the Website”). Please read these Terms carefully before submitting your order to us. These Terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
By placing an order with us you confirm that you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not place any orders through the Website.
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms at any time and the new version of the Terms will apply to any offer or order placed on the Website after the new version has been posted. We therefore advise you to make sure you are happy with the Terms each time you place an order.
Our Website is solely for the promotion of our products in Hong Kong. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from nor deliver to addresses outside Hong Kong.
1. Information about us and how to contact us
are MAKE UP FOR EVER c/o Parfums Christian Dior HK Ltd a company
registered in Hong Kong. Our company registration number is 18137538 and our
registered office is at 6/F, Cambridge House Taikoo Place, Quarry Bay, Hong
Kong. You can contact us through our MAKE UP FOR EVER Customer Service Hotline
which is available to you as follows:
Service hours: 10am– 6:00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Saturday and Public Holidays
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Our products
of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only and although
every effort is made to display colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a
device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products.
Your products may vary slightly from those images.
3. Our contract with you
Our acceptance of your order will take place when we send you an order confirmation email. At this point, a contract for the sale and purchase of the ordered products will come into existence between you and us.
If we are
unable to accept your order we will inform you of this by email and will not
charge you for the products. This might be because:-
· the product is out of stock
· we have identified an error in the price or description of the product
· you have exceeded our Maximum Purchase Policy set out below
· your billing name and address do not match with the credit card used for payment
· we need to deal with technical problems with the product or make minor technical changes;
· we need to update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
Please note that we are unable to process orders to a P.O. Box address.
When we have accepted your order, you will see a confirmation page that gives you your unique reference number and the total sum deducted from your credit card account. You can print this page for your reference, or alternatively wait until you receive this information in our acceptance email titled "Thank you for placing your order". The email will show all details of items purchased, delivery addresses and packaging options, which you can keep for your records.
If you have any questions about an order, please contact MAKE UP FOR EVER Customer Service using the contact details in condition 1. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
The price of the products is displayed throughout your online journey.
We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the products advised to you is correct but in the unlikely event that the products are incorrectly priced, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.
You can pay for products using the following payment options:
CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED:
· Apple Pay
· Google Pay
For your security and to avoid any fraudulent transactions, your billing name and address must match that of the credit card used for payment. We reserve the right to cancel any order that does not match these criteria.
Maximum Purchase Policy
We regret that we must limit any orders to no more than 3 pieces
4.1. Standard Delivery
apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause to our customers.
If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. After which we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
All orders require a signature upon delivery. If you are not there to receive your order, SF Express will leave contact information for you to make alternative arrangements. Please contact SF Express should you need to enquire about your package delivery. To ensure secure and undamaged delivery of your order, SF Express will not be able to leave your order 'hidden' at the delivery address unless this is specifically requested by you to SF Express.
If, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect the products from the delivery depot then either we or SF Express will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and you may be liable to pay us compensation.
We are sorry but we only deliver to Hong Kong addresses.
Customer is allowed to pick up the purchased item(s) at your selected MAKE UP FOR EVER boutique within in 7 days after the confirmation email has been issued. Customer must present the confirmation email to redeem purchased item(s), printed or electric version is also acceptable. And, the confirmation email can be used once only and is invalid if found expired, defaced or damaged.
4.2. Delivery Addresses
Unless you tell us otherwise during the ordering process, we will deliver your purchased products to the delivery address you have provided in your account information.
We will take all reasonable care to deliver to the address given. However, we will not be liable for non-delivery or mis-delivery as a result of incorrect data entered by you.
Ownership and Responsibility
You will be responsible for the products once they have been delivered to the address you have provided.
You own the products once we have received payment in full.
5. Your rights to end the contract
You may be
entitled to end your contract with us and return the products, but your right
to end the contract will depend on the products you have purchased, whether
there is anything wrong with the products we have supplied, how we are
performing and when you decide to end the contract.
If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get some or all of your money back), see condition 5.1.
If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see condition 5.1.
5.1. Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do
If you are ending a contract for a reason set out below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided. The reasons are:
● we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
● there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
● we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons; or
● you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
5.2. If there is a problem with the product
Please notify us immediately after delivery of any damage or fault or incorrectly supplied products or if the items listed on the dispatch note do not match those contained in your delivery by calling our MAKE UP FOR EVER Customer Service (10:00am– 6:00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Saturday and Public Holidays) or by emailing us at email@example.com with your order details. To ensure prompt resolution, please provide the order number and keep the box, packing materials, all complimentary items and the damaged items for inspection by the carrier.
We are obliged to provide you with products that are in conformity with this contract.
If you wish to reject products you must either post them and all complimentary items back to us or allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please contact MAKE UP FOR EVER Customer Service.
Please ensure you obtain a Proof of Postage when you return the products to us. You should retain your Proof of Postage in order to provide proof to us that you have returned the products and all complimentary items, in the unlikely event that we do not receive the returned parcel.
6. How to make a return
If you are entitled to return products under condition 5, and email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may reduce your refund of the price to reflect any reduction in the value of the products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. In such circumstances, we will notify you that a reduced refund amount will be available or you can choose to arrange for such products to be returned to you within 28 days of our notification.
Products and all complimentary items must be returned to us promptly at our distribution centre. Please ensure that the returned parcel is properly sealed and provide the respective delivery tracking code to MAKE UP FOR EVER Customer Service Representative in order to provide proof to us that you have returned the products in the unlikely event that we do not receive the returned parcel.
Processing the Refund
If you have returned products because they are damaged, faulty or incorrect, we will process your refund as soon as possible and in any event within fourteen (14) days after the day we receive your returned products and confirm you are entitled to a refund.
Refunds will only be made against the original credit card used for the purchase. You will receive email notification.
7. Our liability to you
We do not
exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to
do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our
negligence or the negligence of our employees; for fraud or fraudulent
misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products
and for defective products under the relevant local laws.
We only supply the products to you for private use and not for commercial, business or resale purposes. We therefore will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
8. Personal Data
We will use
the personal information you provide to us:
(a) to supply the products to you;
(b) to process your payment for the products; and
(c) if you agreed to this during the order process, to inform you about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
We will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
Please see our Privacy and Cookies Policy to understand how we will use personal information submitted by you when creating an account, purchasing products and when you are otherwise using the Website.
9. Other Important Terms
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another person or organisation. We will tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another
person if we agree to this in writing. We will not unreasonably withhold or
delay our consent.
This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its Terms.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
These Terms are governed by Hong Kong laws and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the courts of Hong Kong.
Confidentiality and security of your personal data are important to us. We are committed to offering you personalized services while respecting your privacy and choices.
In this Policy you will find information on:
·Who we are
· What data we can collect about you
· How we collect or receive your data
· For what purposes we use it
· How long we can keep it
· Who can access your data
· How we protect it and keep it confidential
· How we address cross-border protection
· How we address consumer preferences and individual rights;
· The additional protections that we provide for residents of certain region
· How we protect children’s privacy
· How to contact us if you have questions about our use of your personal data
· The management of cookies on makeupforeverhk.shop website
WHO are we?
We are MAKE UP FOR EVER c/o Parfums Christian Dior HK Ltd a company registered in Hong Kong. Our company registration number is 18137538 and our office is at 6/F, Cambridge House, Taikoo Place, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
MAKE UP FOR EVER c/o Parfums Christian Dior HK Ltd is the data controller under the applicable personal data regulations with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
WHAT data may we collect about you?
"Personal data" means any information that could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. through a unique client ID number).
The personal data we collect depends upon the touchpoint of our interaction, and is also limited to that which is relevant and appropriate for the interaction. Website visitors who browse makeupforeverhk.shop and view our products, information and offerings can choose to do so without identifying themselves, and the same applies to in-store and social media browsing. Unless you choose to interact with us via those touchpoints, such as by making a purchase on our site, signing up for one of our programs or services, or posting a comment or a like online, our data collection is limited to the use of ‘cookies’ for website visitors.
For customers and other individuals who sign up for programs or services, we must collect certain relevant information from you. The information we collect is related to the particular transaction as well as our overall relationship with you. For example, if you make purchases from makeupforeverhk.shop, we must collect information to process (and, if relevant, fulfill and ship) your order. For customers and other individuals who sign up for our programs or services, we generally collect your contact details, contact preferences, and information that will allow us to make recommendations to you about our products or services that may be of interest. We may centralize the information pertaining to our customers so that we have it organized in one place, as this helps us manage our relationship with you as well as your choices and preferences.
Depending on the data you provide or share with us, personal data may include information related to:
· Your identity and
your contact details
· Your purchases (in store or online, including your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices, the amount and type of your purchase) and your repairs
· Your interests and personal preferences
· Your online journeys (shop, social media pages, partner websites and databases)
· Your requests through our customer department or our public relations department
· The MAKE UP FOR EVER events you attend
· Specific health data if you notify us of any undesirable side-effects concerning any of our products (only for MAKE UP FOR EVER)
Regarding your purchases, your bank details are encrypted through MAKE UP FOR EVER servers. Payments are made via a secure payment platform PCI-DSS certified, supplemented by control measures, to ensure the security of purchases made and to fight against fraud.
We invite you to keep us regularly informed in writing of any change in your contact details.
HOW do we collect or receive your personal data?
As part of our relationships, we may collect certain data via the following touchpoints:
· shop journey
· In-store relationship with our salesperson (inc. our counters and boutiques in department stores)
· MAKE UP FOR EVER events you attend
· Public Relations relationship
· Contact with Customer Department
· Forms you complete (in store or online)
· Digital apps you use
· Relational program you benefit from
· MAKE UP FOR EVER social media pages you visit or comment/like
· Social media pages on which you post MAKE UP FOR EVER content or comments
· Digital Media Advertising you click on
· Search Engines Paid Advertising you click on
· Third party data providers you share information with us Retailers in which you consent to receive our communications
· Surveys or satisfaction questionnaire you answer
In relation to our programs and events, the personal data essential to MAKE UP FOR EVER is indicated by an asterisk on each personal data collection form. If you do not provide the data marked with an asterisk, this may affect the products and services that we can provide to you. Other information is optional and allows us to know you better and to improve our communications and services to you.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES are your data used by MAKE UP FOR EVER?
As part of our relationship, depending on the context in which your data is collected, we use your data for:
· the management of
· the management of the personalized content and communications with MAKE UP FOR EVER (digital or otherwise)
· the management of your account and profile
· the management of your relational program
· the management of your requests linked with MAKE UP FOR EVER
· the management of events which you register for / attend
· the management of alerts you send us as part of our cosmetovigilance obligations (only for Parfums MAKE UP FOR EVER products)
· the management of our website and our digital apps
· the management and improvement of our products and services, image and reputation.
· The management of payments (securisation of online transactions, fraud prevention, payment incidents and debt collection)
In the context of your application for a job, we use your data to manage and monitor your application.
The legal basis for the processing of your data can be, depending in which context your data is collected:
· Your consent (e.g.
to manage our tailored services, managing your browsing via cookies)
· The performance of a contract (e.g. managing your access to your customer account, processing and tracking your orders)
· A legal obligation when processing is required by law (e.g. retention of purchase invoices, cosmetovigilance for MAKE UP FOR EVER products)
· Our legitimate interest: improve our products and services, prevent fraud, secure our tools or tailor our communications
FOR HOW LONG may we keep it?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need it to reach the purpose pursued, to meet your needs, or to comply with our legal or business obligations.
As a general principle, your personal data
· If you are a “client” (i.e. you have already purchased a MAKE UP FOR EVER product): for no more than 10 years after your first purchase for customer relationship management, but no more than 5 years for business development; this period will be renewed each time you interact with MAKE UP FOR EVER (e.g. a purchase)
· If you are a “prospect” (i.e. you have never purchased a MAKE UP FOR EVER product but you are interested in MAKE UP FOR EVER brand): for no more than 3 years; this period will be renewed each time you interact with MAKE UP FOR EVER (e.g. when participating in an event)
· If you are in contact with the Public Relations department: for no more than 10 years after initial contact; this period will be renewed each time you interact with MAKE UP FOR EVER (e.g. when requesting information from MAKE UP FOR EVER)
Where cookies are placed on your computer, we shall keep them for no more than 13 months.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymised so that you can no longer be identified from it.
WHO may access your data?
Your data are for MAKE UP FOR EVER services dealing with your requests. We ensure that only duly authorised persons can access your personal data when necessary for the above-mentioned purposes.
We communicate your information only where necessary, and if possible in a form that does not allow a direct identification to:
· Other MAKE UP FOR EVER entities to provide you with the same personalised service worldwide
· Our trusted ,
including other entities of the LVMH group, acting as processors according to
our instructions and solely on our behalf.
For example, we entrust certain services to third parties in charge of managing cosmestic vigilance alerts (for MAKE UP FOR EVER products), third parties who assist us in the organisation of our events, third parties providing IT services, digital communication and public relations agencies, third parties who assist us with customer service and logistics services.
· Department stores in which you buy our products
· Our trusted
third-party partners assisting us in the management of your orders. In
particular, we entrust certain services to third parties in charge of
delivering you a product, payment service providers and providers securing
transactions against fraud.
Please note that these partners may act as data controller; in such case, they have their own privacy policies.
· Third parties in the event of a change of control, for legal reasons, or with your prior consent
You may also choose to disclose your personal data to our partners, advertisers or affiliates by following a link to and from their websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use your social media login. Please be aware that in this case you are sharing your profile information with us. The personal data shared depends on your social media platform settings. Please note that these social networks have their own privacy policies.
HOW do we protect it and keep it confidential?
We have adopted reasonable and appropriate precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or access by unauthorised third parties.
We also require by our partners and group companies to uphold a similar level of protection for your data. The measures are evaluated and updated to address new threats and challenges, as well as new legal requirements in the countries where we operate.
HOW do we address cross-border protections?
Because MAKE UP FOR EVER operates in many countries across the world, some of your data may be collected, accessible or stored outside of your country of residence. You should know that the data protection and security requirements differ from place to place, and may not offer the same level of protection as those in your home country. Nevertheless, MAKE UP FOR EVER and our group companies have taken steps to ensure an adequate level of protection of your data irrespective of where it is located, such as by using data transfer methods approved by the European Commission (where the data protection laws are considered to be the strongest worldwide). We also require our third-party partners to fulfill applicable data transfer obligations in relation to the personal data that they receive on our behalf.
How are consumer preferences and individual rights addressed?
In accordance with applicable laws and requirements, MAKE UP FOR EVER and its group companies have put in place measures to fulfill the rights of individuals in relation to the personal data that we (or our third parties) hold about them. This includes, for example, the right to know about the data we hold about you or to obtain a copy, and the limited rights to amend your data, request erasure, or object to the processing of your data. We encourage individuals who have entrusted their data to us to keep it current (such as if you change your email address, address or phone number), so that we have your correct information on file. We also encourage consumers to update their preferences with us, such as in relation to products and the frequency of contacts, so that we can personalize our service to your expectations and needs. Finally, we offer individuals the right to withdraw consent from our programs and offerings at any time. To do so, or to exercise any of these other rights, please use our Contact Us link on makeupforeverhk.shop, or email us at email@example.com. For individuals seeking access to their data, we also require authentication to ensure that we are not providing personal data to an unauthorized person.
What additional protections are provided for residents of certain regions?
In particular, the GDPR provides the following rights:
· The right to be informed: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data, and your rights. You will find all this information in this Policy
· The right of access: you have the right to access to the personal data MAKE UP FOR EVER holds about you
· The right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and / or completed if it is incomplete
· The right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your personal data erased or deleted. Please note this is not an absolute right, as we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining your personal data
· The right to object to direct marketing: you can unsubscribe or opt out of our direct marketing communication at any time. You are able to do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email or communication we send you. You are also able to request to receive non-personalised communications about our products and services
· The right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your data when such processing is based on consent
· The right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This only applies to data that you have provided, where processing is based on a contract or your consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means
You are also entitled to determine your personal data protection guidelines and directives in the event of death or external circumstances.
You also have the right to contact the data protection authority of your country in order to lodge a complaint against the data protection and privacy practices of MAKE UP FOR EVER.
Please contact us at the contact details below to exercise these rights or if you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
Note that we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process it.
How does MAKE UP FOR EVER protect children's privacy?
MAKE UP FOR EVER has adopted practices that are designed to ensure that we do not to collect or maintain any information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we mistakenly collected any information from anyone under the age of 13, we will purge it immediately, except for responding to a question or inquiry on a one-time basis from the individual or his/her parent or legal guardian.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Customer Service
Service hours: 10:00am– 6:00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Saturday and Public Holidays
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIE MANAGEMENT Cookie
This section presents our policy for managing cookies on the makeupforeverhk.shop website.
It aims to explain where the browsing information processed when you visit our website comes from, how it is used, and your rights.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
When you visit our website, we might, depending on the choices you make, store a text file on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) through your web browser.
This text file is a cookie. For as long as it is valid and stored on your device, it will enable MAKE UP FOR EVER to identify your device when you visit the website in the future.
Only the issuer of a cookie can read or modify information stored in it.
Below you will find information on the cookies that might be stored on your device when you visit pages on the makeupforeverhk.shop website, either by MAKE UP FOR EVER or by third parties, and how you can delete cookies or refuse to allow them to be stored on your device.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COOKIES ISSUED ON MAKEUPFOREVERHK.SHOP ?
There are several categories of cookie. Some of them are issued directly by MAKE UP FOR EVER and its providers, and some are issued by third-party companies.
· The cookies issued by MAKE UP FOR EVER and its providers
Various types of cookie might be stored on your device when you browse our website:
The "essential" cookies are essential for browsing our website, including to ensure that the ordering process runs smoothly. If you delete them it can cause difficulties when browsing our website and make it impossible to place an order. They might be stored on your device by MAKE UP FOR EVER or by its providers.
"Analytical and Personalization" cookies not essential for browsing our website but making it easier for you to conduct searches, optimising your buying experience.
"Advertising" cookies, not essential for browsing but allowing you a more relevant advertising offer.
If your device is used by several people and if one device uses several web browsers, we cannot be certain that the services and adverts delivered to your device are determined based on your use of the device and not on that of another user. It is your decision and responsibility whether you share use of your device and configuration of your web browser’s cookie settings with other people.
· Cookies issued by third-party companies
Cookies are issued and used by third parties on our website in accordance with these third parties’ privacy protection policies. These cookies are not essential for browsing our website.
We might include cookies on our website applications produced by third parties, which enable you to share our site content with other people or to tell other people what content you have been browsing or your opinions of it. This is true of the “Share” and “Like” buttons for social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
MANAGING THE COOKIES STORED ON YOUR DEVICE
You can decide whether cookies are stored on your device through the cookie setting tool available by clicking here, in the cookie banner or in the footer on makeupforeverhk.shop
You can also configure your web browser as you wish, so that cookies are accepted and stored on your device, or conversely blocked.
The configuration process is different for each web browser. It is usually described in the browser’s help menu. We urge you to find out how to configure your browser. This will allow you to find out how to change your cookie preferences.
· For Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
· For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=fr_FR&viewlocale=en_US
· For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
· For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
· For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note: any changes you make to your web browser’s cookie acceptance or blocking settings may change your web browsing experience and the process of accessing services that require the use of these cookies. For example, if you block essential cookies you might no longer be able to place orders on our website.
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF SEEING SPECIAL OFFERS AND ADVERTISING TAILORED TO YOUR BROWSING PREFERENCES?
The aim is to show you the most relevant offers and advertising. As such, cookie technology enables us to display content, in real-time, that is best suited to your fields of interest, as deduced from your browsing history on our website.
The interest you show in content displayed on your terminal when you consult a website often determines the advertising resources of this site, enabling it to provide its services, which are often supplied free of charge to users. You doubtless prefer to see offers and advertising that are relevant to you, rather than content that is of no interest to you at all. Similarly, both MAKE UP FOR EVER and advertisers want their offers and advertising to be shown to Internet users that are likely to be interested in them.
MODIFICATION of this Privay Policy
In case of modification of this Policy, we will ensure that you are informed of these changes either by a special notice on our site, or by a personalised warning notably in the context of our newsletters.
Version updated on 18, June 2020